- 4 whole peaches
- 1 16-ounce box brown sugar
- 8 ounces dark rum
- 1 vanilla bean cut in half lengthwise
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup crème fraishe
- Place an aluminum tray onto a warm grill.
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. Lay peaches sliced-side down in the warm tray and cook until the peaches turn a bright color, or approximately 2 to 5 minutes.
- Poor the brown sugar and rum over the peaches and add the vanilla bean. (Pour the rum carefully and take care not to splash or spill as the alcohol will catch fire!) Add the butter to the pan.
- Let the peaches cook an additional 20 minutes or until the peaches are soft.
- Remove from heat and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.
- Best served with fresh-baked bread.