- 1.5 pounds veal filet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 lemon
- 24 spring onions
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed
- Additional salt and pepper
- Slice the veal as thinly as possible and lay the slices in a large, flat-bottomed glass dish.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, garlic salt and cumin with the oil and pour the marinade over the thinly-sliced veal.
- In a small bowl, mix the whipping cream, juice from the lemon, 1 teaspoon sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper without whipping it. Let the dressing stand for approximately 20 minutes or until it thickens.
- Place the washed spring onions on a very hot grill until they brown and give off a slightly “burnt” aroma.
- Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Add the veal and flash grill them for approximately 30 seconds on each side.
- Top romaine leaves with the dressing and serve with the veal and spring onions.